"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." -Mark Twain
|After taking turns laying down some base colors for a background, we decided one looked like Hell and one a Psychedelic Heaven.... we'd each do our own Angel and Devil!|
|Charles painting his praying Angel after I was the first to go to Heaven|
|Jeff Bertrand added the ultimate Angel, Christ- making it rain!|
|Eyes on the Prize with Dustin Dirt!|
|Charles getting his line-work in|
"The Voice of the Devil"
(Plate 4 from William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven and Hell)
All Bibles or sacred codes, have been the causes of the following Errors:
1. That Man has two real existing principles Viz: a Body & a Soul.
2. That Energy, call'd Evil, is alone from the Body, & that Reason, call'd Good, is alone from the Soul.
3. That God will torment Man in Eternity for following his Energies.
But the following Contraries to these are True:
1. Man has no Body distinct from his Soul; for that call'd Body is a portion of Soul discern'd by the five Senses, the chief inlets of Soul in this age.
2. Energy is the only life and is from the Body and Reason is the bound or outward circumference of Energy.
3. Energy is Eternal Delight
|Dustin Dirt! working opposite of Bertrand's three-legged Devil|
|Believe it or not, they requested my Devil have tits.|
|Charlie getting grabby|
|No better way to fill the negative space than a variety of 6's|
|Jeff finishing touching up as we dirty things up|
These painting will be exhibited at Southern Pop Surrealism: Artwork by Charles Bennett, Jeff Bertrand, Dustin Dirt! and Brandt Hardin. Drop in on us if you're in The Big Easy to see these paintings along with dozens more from all four artists!
- Opening reception will be held Saturday, July 16th from 6-9PM -
1618 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70113
All four exhibiting artists will be on hand for LIVE Painting, LIVE Body Painting, LIVE Short Films and even a Surreal Costume Contest- just dress up and you can WIN ART!